My first Blog

Hello, I'm Gage. I was born and raised in the frigid state of Alaska. I have always enjoyed what the Alaskan outdoors has to offer. Although, admittedly, the winters are getting more demanding as I get older and I find myself slowly drifting towards being more of a home-body. I spent five years in the military and am now using my GI bill to further my education and am working towards a Mechanical Engineering degree. I hope that one day I can use this education to work on a big project, hopefully something that deals with space!





"Enchanted Forest" (Image generated @ hotpot.ai/art-generator, 2024)

My relationship with music it completely inter-twined with my life. I like to consider music the language of emotion and think it should be used much more often to help connect any subject in a more in-depth manner. I have dabbled in playing the guitar for about half of my life but am not very proficient at it. I have always thought it would be cool to be able to read sheet music, but never have taken it upon myself to to learn. I think that the foundational information I'm currently learning in the Explorations in Music course is exciting because it is entertaining to be able to better identify the different elements of music. 

Here is a song that I find myself currently replaying often: 

"Alright" by Fulton Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DUdW782iOk&list=PLRHWuOs8-m8y7x6aIqjG9Hvk9GHJbLPJv&index=124


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hurdy-Gurdy Evolution: Strings Across Time

Vindicated: A Musical Analysis